With the power of the Web, so much of today’s business is done online. It’s important for a business to communicate its unique message clearly. The easiest way to recognize a company and distinguish it from others is by its logo. Your logo represents you and your company, when you are not there to do so.
A professional business should look professional. New business owners often invest a lot of time and money in property and equipment, but do not often match it by investing suitably in their logo and branding.
Here are the most common reasons why many logos look amateurish:
- The business owner wanted to save money by designing the logo quickly themselves.
- A friend or relative who claims to know a little about graphic design does it as a favor.
- The wrong people are commissioned. (Local printers are not likely proficient in logo design.)
- The business outsourced the job via one of several design competition websites, which are mostly populated by amateur designers.
- The job was given to an online company that offers really cheap logos.
All of the above can result in disastrous outcomes. If your logo looks amateurish, then so will your business.
The advantages of hiring an established and professional logo designer:
- Your logo will be unique and memorable.
- You won’t run into any problems down the line with reproducing it.
- Your logo will have a longer lifespan and won’t need to be redesigned in a couple of years.
- Your logo will look professional.
Insert from Smash Magazine article by Gareth Hardy